What’s World Population Day?
World population day is a global stage awareness campaign being celebrated everywhere in the world to call individuals on stage to know the reason of this exploding population yr by year in addition to resolve the massive mistake of entire human fraternity. This great awareness occasion is to carry a population revolution globally in addition to breaking sleep of all of the deeply slept people to pay their full attention and assist in combating this population problem.
World Population Day 2017 date.
World Population Day 2017 would be celebrated all over the world by the people on 11thof July at Monday.
world population day is celebrated on:
|World Population Day||Date|
|Each Year||11th July|
World Population Day History
World Population Day is an excellent function getting celebrated around the globe yearly on 11th of July. It truly is celebrated to raise the knowledge of the persons toward the globally population problems. It was begun during the year 1989 by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). This was exalted by the attention of the community when the worldwide population grew to be close to around 5 billion at 11th of July in the year 1987.
The following message “Universal Access to Reproductive Health Services” was spread worldwide by the theme of 2012th World Population Day celebration while the worldwide population was approximately 7, 025, 071, and 966. The big action was taken by the government for more smaller and healthful society along with sustainable future of the people. A vital investment is built to meet the reproductive health-care needs and supply. The phase was captured for improving the reproductive health as well as reducing the social poverty by reducing the human population.
It had been the big difficulties for the growth when the population across the world has hit to around 7 billion in the year 2011. As per the decisions of the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in the year 1989, it was suggested that 11th of July each year should be observed by the community worldwide and recognized as the World Population Day in order to increase the awareness among normal public and discover the true solutions for combat with the population problems. It had been begun to concentrate the necessary attention of people in direction of the importance of population issues.
How World Population Day is celebrated ?
World population day is celebrated on international level by organizing variety of activities and events to draw attention of mass people to work together on the issues of growing population. Some of the activities include seminar discussions, educational competitions, educational information sessions, essay writing competition, public contests on various topics, poster distribution, songs, sports activity, speeches, poems, artwork, slogans, themes and messages distribution, workshops, lectures, debates, round table discussions, news distribution through press conferences, TV channels and news channels, relay of population related programmes on radio and television and so many. Various health organizations and population divisions works together to solve population issues by organizing conferences, research works, meetings, project analysis and etc.
Below are Some of points for celebrating the world population day.
- It is celebrated to protect and empower youths of both gender like girls and boys.
- To offer them detail knowledge about the sexuality and delay marriages till they become able to understand their responsibilities.
- Educate youths to avoid unwanted pregnancies by using reasonable and youth friendly measures.
- Educate people to remove the gender stereotypes from society.
- Educate them about the pregnancy related illnesses to raise the public awareness about dangers of early childbirth.
- Educate them about STD (sexually transmitted diseases) to get prevented from various infections.
- Demand for some effective laws and policies implementation in order to protect girl child rights.
- Make sure about the access of equal primary education to both girls and boys.
- Make sure the easy access of reproductive health services everywhere as part the basic primary health for each couple.
World population day 2017 Theme: Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies
The theme for 2017World Population Day is “Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies.”
on the recent UN statistics.
in trauma, unintended pregnancy and infection with HIV and other diseases.”
- The theme of 2015 was”Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies”.
- The theme of 2014 was “A time to reflect on population trends and related issues” and “Investing in Young People”.
- The theme of 2013 was “Focus is on Adolescent Pregnancy”.
- The theme of 2012 was “Universal Access to Reproductive Health Services”.
- The theme of 2011 was “7 Billion Actions”.
- The theme of 2010 was “Be Counted: Say What You Need”.
- The theme of 2009 was “Fight Poverty: Educate Girls”.
- The theme of 2008 was “Plan Your Family, Plan Your Future”.
- The theme of 2007 was “Men at Work”.
- The theme of 2006 was “Being Young is Tough”.
- The theme of 2005 was “Equality Empowers”.
- The theme of 2004 was “ICPD at 10”.
- The theme of 2003 was “1,000,000,000 adolescents”.
- The theme of 2002 was “Poverty, Population and Development”.
- The theme of 2001 was “Population, Environment and Development”.
- The theme of 2000 was “Saving Women’s Lives”.
- The theme of 1999 was “Start the Count-up to the Day of Six Billion”.
- The theme of 1998 was “Approaching the Six Billion”.
- The theme of 1997 was “Adolescent Reproductive Health Care”.
- The theme of 1996 was “Reproductive Health and AIDS”.
The UN logo is often associated with marketing and promotional material for this event. It features a projection of a world map (less Antarctica) centered on the North Pole, enclosed by olive branches. The olive branches symbolize peace and the world map represents all the people of the world. It has been featured in colors such as blue against a yellow background.
World Population Day Quotes and slogan
World Population Day is an event, observed every year on 11th of July. It seeks to raise awareness regarding overgrowth of population and family planning methods. Increasing in population is causing many problems like poverty, unemployment, pollution etc.
Following are the quotes about increasing population and funny and motivational population slogans.
- “In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 per day”. – Jacques Yves Cousteau
- “Close to a billion people – one-eighth of the world’s population – still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is happening at a time when doctors in Britain are warning of the spread of obesity. We are eating too much while others starve”. – Jonathan Sacks
- “You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption”. – Noam Chomsky
- “The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man”. – Thomas Malthus
- “A finite world can support only a finite population; therefore, population growth must eventually equal zero”. – Garrett Hardin
- “Every State has the primary duty to protect its own population from grave and sustained violations of human rights, as well as from the consequences of humanitarian crises, whether natural or man-made”. – Pope Benedict XVI
- “Population, when unchecked, increases in a geometrical ratio”. – Thomas Malthus
- “Population, when unchecked, goes on doubling itself every 25 years or increases in a geometrical ratio”. – Thomas Malthus
- “Almost half of the population of the world lives in rural regions and mostly in a state of poverty. Such inequalities in human development have been one of the primary reasons for unrest and, in some parts of the world, even violence”. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- “The point of population stabilization is to reduce or minimize misery”. – Roger Bengston
- “If we don’t halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity- and will leave a ravaged world”. – Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall
- “When the family is small, whatever little they have they are able to share. There is peace”. – Philip Njuguna
- “Once it was necessary that the people should multiply and be fruitful if the race was to survive. But now to preserve the race it is necessary that people hold back the power of propagation”. – Helen Keller
- “As a woman leader, I thought I brought a different kind of leadership. I was interested in women’s issues, in bringing down the population growth rate… as a woman, I entered politics with an additional dimension – that of a mother”. – Benazir Bhutto
- “Rapid population growth and technological innovation, combined with our lack of understanding about how the natural systems of which we are a part work, have created a mess”. – David Suzuki
- “But as population became denser, the natural chemical and biological recycling processes became overloaded, calling for a redefinition of property rights”. – Garrett Hardin
- “Yet food is something that is taken for granted by most world leaders despite the fact that more than half of the population of the world is hungry”. – Norman Borlaug
- “Population growth is straining the Earth’s resources to the breaking point, and educating girls is the single most important factor in stabilizing that. That, plus helping women gain political and economic power and safeguarding their reproductive rights”. – Al Gore
- “The combination of population growth and the growth in consumption is a danger that we are not prepared for and something we will need global co-operation on”. – Maurice Strong
Here are others Good quotes and slogan on world Population day
- “Our population and our use of the finite resources of planet Earth are growing exponentially, along with our technical ability to change the environment for good or ill.” – Stephen Hawking
- “Unlike plagues of the dark ages or contemporary diseases we do not understand, the modern plague of overpopulation is soluble by means we have discovered and with resources we possess. What is lacking is not sufficient knowledge of the solution but universal consciousness of the gravity of the problem and education of the billions who are its victim.” – Dr Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The hungry world cannot be fed until and unless the growth of its resources and the growth of its population come into balance. Each man and woman – and each nation – must make decisions of conscience and policy in the face of this great problem.” – Lyndon B Johnson
- “We have been God-like in our planned breeding of our domesticated plants and animals, but we have been rabbit-like in our unplanned breeding of ourselves.” – Arnold Joseph Toynbee
- “By improving health, empowering women, population growth comes down.” – Bill Gates
world population day essay
here are some website mentioned below which you can refer to find world population day essay or speech on world population day 2017.
world population day images
find the best world population day images, wallpapers, photos, posters, hd images etc all at one place.
below are some best images for population day, i hope you like it.